Try to translate these sentences in toki pona using the following words:
1. Butterflies have short life spans.
tenpo | pipi | waso | lon | li | lili | la
2. My basket is under the table.
mi | lon | poki | li | anpa | supa
3. Tom and Mary have chickens in their backyard.
Mawi | lon | Ton | waso | ma | jan | pi | pi | jan | li
4. It’s so true.
ni | kin | li | lon
5. There is no life without water.
la | ala | ale | li | li | telo | lon | moli
6. Why is Tom absent?
seme | li | jan | tan | lon | Ton | ala
7. Dark as it was we managed to find our way back to our tent.
mute | lon | tomo | e | kama | taso | pimeja | nasin | mi | li | lukin
8. She is sitting.
supa | li | lon | ona
9. She lives in Kyoto.
tomo | Kijoto | lon | li | tomo | ona | ma
10. I know where the money is.
li | mi | ni | e | lon | sona | mani | seme
11. Students are always in this dining room.
sona | moku | ni | jan | tenpo | ali | pi | mute | lon | li | tomo | kama | la
12. What do you have in your hand?
luka | lon | li | sina | seme
13. There are some apples in that box.
kili | poki | li | lon | ni
14. Where is the bridge?
nasin | seme | telo | lon | sewi | pi | li
15. He isn’t there.
ala | ni | ona | lon | li
16. They are in the kitchen.
moku | li | pi | mute | tomo | lon | pali | ona
17. He is living in Tokyo.
tomo | Tokijo | lon | li | ona | tomo | ma
18. He lives outside the city.
li | ala | ma | tomo | suli | tomo | ona | lon
19. I remember it now.
lon | lawa | tenpo | li | la | ni | mi | ona
20. He lives above me.
tomo | sewi | tomo | pi | lon | ona | mi | li
21. Tom is part of the team too!
li | Ton | a | kulupu | kin | jan | lon
22. The statue in the park is new. It wasn’t there last year.
sin | li | kiwen | la | ma | jan | sike | ona | kasi | lon | ala | pini | suno | lon | li
23. There’s a fly inside the fruit.
li | kili | pipi | insa | lon
24. Allah is everywhere.
ale | Ila | li | lon | sewi
25. This is true from my point of view.
ni | tawa | mi | li | lon
26. Tom has a hole in his sock.
jan | pi | len | li | lupa | noka | Ton | lon
27. Do you know she’s in the church?
ala | sona | jan | ni | ona | e | li | pi | sina | sona | tomo | lon | sewi
28. Where are the teaspoons?
seme | moku | lili | lon | ilo | li
29. Is there anyone in the room?
tomo | li | jan | seme | anu | lon
30. It was cold so we lit a fire.
seli | lon | pali | lete | li | tan | la | mi | e | ni
31. She’s in the forest.
li | ona | kasi | lon | ma
32. “Vanity of vanities saith the Preacher vanity of vanities
ni | wan | jan | nanpa | li | lon | e | pi | ale | ala | toki | li | ala | sewi | nasin | toki | lon | a
33. The lunch is on the table.
lon | moku | supa | li
34. Do you think her story is false?
lon | li | toki | seme | anu | meli | ala | sina | pilin | e | ni
35. She isn’t there.
ona | lon | li | ala
36. “Let’s not sit here
ni | mi | li | mute | lon | supa | awen | o | ala | pipi | lon
37. Tom lives in the same building as his parents.
lon | tomo | wan | en | Ton | li | ona | mama | jan
38. Both brothers are still alive.
mije | tu | lon | kin | li | sama
39. I asked where Tom was.
mi | Ton | li | jan | toki | seme | lon
40. He lives in a village.
ona | lili | li | lon | tomo | ma | tomo
41. He’s in the garden.
ma | li | kasi | ona | lon
42. Where’s the milk?
lon | seme | walo | li | mu | telo
43. The key is on the table.
open | li | supa | ilo | lon
44. They’re in the garden.
lon | ma | kasi | ona | li
Page generated automatically by script. Sentences are taken randomly from the tatoeba.org website.
o musi pona!