Try to translate these sentences in toki pona using the following words:
1. Tom is still in the hospital.
li | pi | lon | kin | sijelo | jan | tomo | Ton | pona
2. They are behind you.
ona | lon | sina | li | monsi
3. There were only five people present altogether.
lon | luka | li | taso | la | pini | jan | tenpo
4. Whatever will be will be.
li | ijo | lon | la | lon | ona | li
5. There’s that sound again.
kalama | sin | li | ni | lon | tenpo | la
6. Tom lives in the same building as his parents.
wan |</ jan | mama | tomo | lon | Ton | li | en | ona
7. I’m not scared of anything.
la | monsuta | ala | lon | pilin | mi | li
8. I’m on the same boat as you.
telo | tawa | lon | mi | li | sina | sama | tomo | en
9. Where is my pencil?
li | seme | ilo | mi | lon | sitelen
10. The air has magic in it.
lon | sewi | kon | li | wawa
11. Tom dislikes the house he’s living in.
ike | li | jan | ona | ni | li | tomo | lon | tawa | Ton | tomo
12. It’s spring.
sin | tenpo | li | lon | pi | kasi
13. He’s in the closet.
ona | tomo | len | li | lon
14. Emily is afraid of heights.
suli | lon | sewi | pilin | ona | jan | la | li | li | akesi | Emili
15. There are many pictures in this book.
ni | la | lipu | mute | sitelen | li | lon
16. Many strange animals live in Australia.
Oselija | mute | nasa | lon | soweli | ma | li
17. The suitcase contained nothing but dirty clothes.
insa | lon | taso | jaki | poki | li | len
18. Tom noticed that his wallet was missing.
ala | jan | poki | mani | lon | ni | lukin | Ton | ona | li | li | e
19. Elephants live in Asia and Africa.
ma | Asija | lon | soweli | suli | li | lon | li | ma | Apika
20. Does Tom really want me to tell Mary?
mi | Mewi | e | seme | ni | tawa | lon | jan | toki | li | ni | Ton | anu | li | ni | jan | wile | e
21. Perfection doesn’t exist.
lon | ijo | ale | pona | li | pi | ala
22. He lives alone in a little cottage in the swamp.
tomo | lon | telo | taso | lili | lon | li | ma | li | wan | ona
23. Tom was at home when that happened.
Ton | tomo | li | kama | jan | ni | lon | li | la
24. Excuse me where’s the toilet?
lon | toki | tomo | jaki | seme | li
25. Who’s that with Tom?
li | pi | poka | Ton | jan | jan | seme | lon
26. In front of the house is a tree.
suli | kasi | li | tomo | lon | sinpin | la
27. Why is the war everywhere in the world?
utala | tan | li | ma | la | lon | seme | ale
28. They’re everywhere.
li | mute | ona | lon | ali | ma
29. The toilets are behind the stairs.
noka | monsi | lon | tomo | telo | li | pi | supa
30. Tom says he knows Mary won’t be at the meting on Monday.
jan | lon | toki | sona | toki | Ton | ala | wan | li | nanpa | e | lon | suno | e | esun | Mewi | jan | ni | kulupu | pi | tenpo | ni | li | tenpo | ona | li
31. I’m an agnostic.
jan | sona | li | ala | lon | mi | sewi | ala | e | lon | ni
32. Mary is with her dogs.
lon | pi | Mewi | li | soweli | ona | poka | jan
33. What’s the point of life if we all eventually die?
jan | li | la | lon | ale | seme | moli | jan | ale | li | tawa
34. There’s nothing there.
ijo | li | lon | ala | ni
35. There’s a fly inside the fruit.
insa | kili | li | lon | pipi
36. Tom sat on the stairs.
noka | li | supa | jan | lon | Ton
37. It’s under the table.
lon | ona | noka | li | supa
38. There are a lot of girls in the room.
tomo | li | meli | mute | lon
39. Tony stood at the door.
jan | lupa | li | lon | Toni | tomo
40. Tom is at the airport.
pi | tomo | tomo | tawa | lon | jan | li | sewi | Ton
41. I live close by.
poka | li | pi | ni | lon | tomo | ijo | mi
42. Where is the ice cream man?
lete | li | seme | suwi | lon | jan | pi | la
43. I live in Yokohama.
lon | tomo | ma | ma | tomo | mi | li | jokowama
44. She isn’t at home now.
ni | tomo | ala | ona | li | la | tenpo | ona | lon
45. Is there a public toilet in this building?
li | anu | ale | tomo | pi | lon | jan | telo | seme | ni | tomo
46. Few children were in the room.
jan | lili | lon | pi | mute | tomo | lili | li
47. What’s in the basket?
li | seme | poki | lon
48. I know that Tom isn’t a member of our club.
lon | ni | jan | li | mi | Ton | e | sona | ala | kulupu | mi
Page generated automatically by script. Sentences are taken randomly from the tatoeba.org website.
o musi pona!